Michelle Carpenter Shebell has dedicated her career to seeking justice for each and every client.
As the devoted mother of five children, Michelle appreciates the necessity to give every individual an equal and the opportunity to be heard.
Michelle studied psychology and sociology as an undergraduate at Fairfield University in Connecticut. Upon graduation, she began her career in the Criminal Justice System as a Senior Probation Officer in Middlesex County. She continued to work full time while attending Seton Hall University Law School. After admission to the New Jersey State Bar, Ms. Shebell utilized the knowledge she gained as a Probation Officer to fervently represent clients as a Public Defender in Hudson and Monmouth Counties. While a Deputy Public Defender, she refined her skills as an attorney and gained invaluable trial experience.
As an Associate at Shebell & Shebell, Michelle represents our clients in Criminal, Municipal and Family Courts. Her vast knowledge of the law affords her the expertise to represent both juveniles and adults facing felony charges as well as accusations of domestic violence, disorderly persons offenses, motor vehicle violations, and driving under the influence. Furthermore, it is her compassion and dedication that enables Michelle to advocate for clients relentlessly, seeking justice through the court system.
- Seton Hall University, School of Law Newark, New Jersey: 1990, J.D.
- Fairfield University, Fairfield, Connecticut: 1986 B.A.
- New Jersey, 1990
- U.S. District Court of New Jersey, 1990
MEMBERSHIPS & ASSOCIATIONS
- New Jersey State Bar Association
PAST EMPLOYMENT POSITIONS
- Judge Julia L. Ashbey, Appellate Division of New Jersey State Superior Court, 1989-1990
- State of New Jersey Office of the Public Defender, 1991-1997
- Middlesex County Probation Department, 1986-1991