Monmouth County truck accident lawyer you can trust
Rely On Us After Your Truck Accident. Located In Freehold And Shrewsbury.
Truck accidents in Monmouth County and other parts of New Jersey can be complicated. Even knowing what your rights are or what you should do after a serious truck crash or tractor-trailer accident on I-195, I-95, the Garden State Parkway or another major road can be confusing. That’s why it’s critical that you talk to an experienced, Monmouth County truck accident attorney as soon as possible. That’s why we want to meet with you.
At Shebell & Shebell, LLC, our lawyers have decades of experience helping people just like you after serious truck accidents. Founded in 1927, our personal injury law firm has a long history of working with people injured in accidents obtain the money they need and deserve. There’s no substitute for such experience, no substitute for success. Our offices are located in Shrewsbury and Freehold.
Types Of Truck Accidents
Truck accidents can cover a wide range. Some of the most common types of accidents caused by tractor-trailers, delivery trucks and other large, commercial vehicles include:
- Rear-end truck accidents (large truck crashes into vehicle in front)
- Underride truck accidents (smaller vehicle becomes trapped under rear end of tractor-trailer)
- Rollover truck accidents (truck rolls over, often on highway)
- Jackknife truck accidents (vehicle becomes trapped between trailer and truck cab, which folds in on itself like a jackknife)
- Head-on collision (truck crashes head-on into another vehicle)
Whatever type of truck accident you’re dealing with in Monmouth or Ocean Counties, we’re here to help you get your life back on track.
Causes Of Truck Accidents
Accidents caused by commercial truck drivers happen for many different reasons. Some of the most common causes include:
- Distracted truck driver (looking up directions, operating GPS, talking on a phone, etc.)
- Texting truck driver (even though texting while driving is against the law nationwide for commercial truck drivers)
- Speeding (driving too fast, especially during hazardous weather – snow, ice, etc.)
- Improperly loaded truck (causing contents of truck to shift, resulting in a rollover accident or jackknife truck accident)
- Overloaded truck (trucking carrying too much weight often cannot stop or turn safely)
- Poorly maintained truck (defective brakes, tire blowouts, etc.)
- Falling asleep at the wheel (some truck drivers work very long hours)
- Inexperienced truck driver (driver lacks skill or experience to safely control truck)
Whatever the cause of your truck accident, we can research what happened and find the facts you need to build the strongest possible legal case.
Our Freehold Truck Accident Attorneys Take Your Case Seriously
Truck accidents are complicated for many different reasons. One reason why is because you’re often not just dealing with the driver who caused your crash and their insurance company. Often, you also need to work with the trucking company that employs the truck driver who caused your crash. Getting information from trucking companies can be extremely difficult.
Another reason why? Trucking companies are not legally obligated to preserve certain important accident data, including electronic logs which record how long the truck driver was driving before the accident, the speed they were traveling and the last time the driver took a break. All of this information can be critical when trying to obtain the financial compensation you deserve for your crash.
In addition, New Jersey has unique laws which place limits on how much money you can collect for pain and suffering, depending on what type of insurance you have, or the truck driver has. This can make a dramatic different in the outcome of your case. That’s why we want to meet with you right away. Contact our law firm and schedule your free case evaluation with a Monmouth County truck accident attorney who takes your case seriously. Talk to a lawyer at Shebell & Shebell, LLC. Our offices are located in Shrewsbury and Freehold.