Types of Slip and Fall Injuries That Deserve Compensation
Our New Jersey Personal Injury Attorneys Stand Up to Insurance Companies
Every year, people throughout New Jersey suffer injuries in slip and fall accidents. These are often the result of negligent property owners failing to take steps to keep their properties safe. The personal injury attorneys at Shebell & Shebell, LLC fight for the rights of slip and fall accident victims and help them recover financial compensation.
Recovery from slip and fall injuries can take weeks, months or an entire lifetime. Victims may need surgery, hospitalization, medication, physical therapy and other forms of treatment. Medical expenses can add up quickly and become overwhelming. Victims often miss work because of their injuries, resulting in a loss of income.
Attorneys Who Fight To Help You Recover Compensation
Injuries commonly seen in slip and fall accidents include:
- Broken bones – During a slip and fall accident, someone can lose their footing then fall down hard on the floor or pavement. Different types of broken bones – such as displaced fractures and compound fractures – may require surgery.
- Head injuries – If someone falls and hits their head on a hard surface, it can result in a skull fracture, concussion, or internal bleeding. One concern is the possibility of a traumatic brain injury (TBI), which can cause serious problems with thinking and behavior.
- Back injuries – When someone falls, it can result in a back injury. Different types of back injuries include fractured, herniated or slipped discs, bulging discs, tailbone injuries and sprained muscles, tendons or ligaments.
- Spinal cord injuries – During some falls, the spinal cord can become damaged. This can result in a loss of feeling and paralysis.
- Sciatica is a painful injury caused by a nerve damage or pressure on the sciatic nerve due to degeneration of an intervertebral disc. It may affect the back, hip or outer side of the leg and limit mobility and range of motion.
- Shoulder dislocation – This can happen when people forcefully grab a railing in an attempt to break their fall.
- Knee injuries and other joint damage – A fall can result in a knee sprain, torn meniscus or torn ACL (anterior cruciate ligament). It can also lead to other joint damage like a twisted ankle or sprained wrist.
- Cuts and bruises – These may not sound like very serious injuries, but they can be very disruptive for seniors, and there is also the risk of damaged blood vessels and infection.
If you were hurt in a slip and fall accident, you deserve financial compensation. Property owners typically deny responsibility and insurance companies will try to pay you as little as possible – or nothing at all. Their main concern is protecting their profits. They may claim your injuries were pre-existing or blame you for the accident.
Offices In Shrewsbury and Newark
A slip and fall injury settlement can cover accident-related medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, disability, and loss of quality of life. Our attorneys know how insurance companies operate and we don’t put up with the tactics they use to minimize your compensation. Our legal team investigates your accident to get the facts. We gather evidence and review relevant documentation. We identify witnesses and interview them. We frequently retain engineering experts who can help us understand how the accident happened, and whether the property owner violated relevant standards and codes.
If you were injured in a slip and fall accident due to negligence, learn more about how we can help during a free consultation. One of our experienced personal injury attorneys can go over the details of your injury, explain your options and answer your questions. Contact us to schedule a time that is convenient for you. Our offices are located in Shrewsbury and Newark.