What should I do upon being injured in a car accident?

When you are injured in a car accident in New Jersey, of course, you should get the medical attention you need immediately. It is also important to be sure that you get the necessary insurance information from the other party involved in the accident. After being treated for your injuries, you will likely receive an alarmingly high medical bill for everything from your ride in the ambulance to the aspirin they gave you to any surgeries you had to endure. These bills quickly add up and many people are not financially prepared for an unexpected financial toll of this caliber.

At this point, you should call an experienced personal injury attorney. They can assess your situation and help you determine whether you might be able to bring a personal injury case against the other party who was involved in the accident. You will need to determine whether they caused the accident because they were being negligent. Perhaps they were speeding or texting or intoxicated. Whatever the case may be, you have the right to bring a lawsuit against them and try to recover damages. Damages is simply a financial award for the cost that you have incurred from the accident.

You may be able to collect an award not only for the financial costs that you faced because of the accident but also for the emotional toll that the accident took on your life. You may not be able to carry on with your daily life in the same way you once could because of the injuries sustained in an accident. You may also be entitled to compensation for your pain and suffering.

If you have been involved in a motor vehicle accident and sustained injuries due to another person’s negligence, contact Shebell & Shebell for strong legal representation today.

If you need strong legal representation with a matter related to personal injury, medical malpractice, criminal defense, workers’ compensation, SSD, contact Shebell & Shebell LLC today to schedule a consultation.